Individualized Programs of Study for a Positive School Experience
At Solstice Day School, our individualized programs of study focus on our mission to provide an unconditional commitment to every student. We make sure each student develops the attitudes and skills necessary for lifelong learning. We meet students where they are and strive to make school a positive experience.
We provide the highest quality staff and a competitive academic curriculum that delivers meaningful learning experiences and community involvement.
What We Offer
The Solstice Day School program of study includes:
- 8:1 student to teacher ratio
- Comprehensive academic curriculum in core content areas
- College and career counseling
- Expressive arts, including visual and musical art
- Full academic year and unique, experiential summer program
- Individualized instruction
- MCAS prep classes
- Pre-vocational services
- Advanced Placement classes
Our unique setting in Rowley, MA, gives students the opportunity for experiential learning and encourages environmental stewardship.
- Independent Study
- Life Skills
- Physical Education
All academic classes taught at Solstice Day School are aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. Students receive accommodations, modifications and related services such as speech and language therapy and reading instruction in accordance with their IEP.
Our academic programs are supported by our trauma-informed care model, which provides therapeutic support to address needs that may be keeping a student from succeeding in a traditional public-school setting.
Therapeutic support services include:
- Behavioral support through the use of a collaborative problem solving-based approach to address challenging behavior
- On-site group therapy
- On-site nursing and clinical support
- Parent advisory groups