Internships at Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services
Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services views internships as a vital part of one’s professional training. We offer a variety of opportunities for students interested in gaining hands-on experience in the behavioral health field. Learn more about our available internships below.
Qualifications and Requirements
First Steps To Applying
- We require an Academic Affiliation Agreement (AAA) for any internship opportunity. This legal contract outlines the responsibilities of Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services and the intern’s school. Please connect with your school to determine whether they have an active contract in place with Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services prior to applying. Note: If there is no AAA in place, all requests will be reviewed on an individual basis but cannot be guaranteed.
- Review our available internship openings (see links below) to determine whether there’s a match for your degree track.
- Know your college’s internship expectations (i.e. duration, hours, supervisor requirements) when inquiring about internships. All internships must be for credit and a requirement of your degree track.
- See application process below.
Current Available Internship Opportunities
- View Graduate level intern openings
- View Undergraduate and Certificate level intern openings
- NP student placements are full for the 2022-2023 academic year. If you have questions, please contact Kimberly Ballou.
How To Apply
Follow the process described below. These items will be sent to Kimberly Ballou.
- Prior to completing the interest form, please review our intern openings and confirm that you can meet the noted requirements (i.e. accepted degree track, schedule, additional requirements).
- Required: Complete the Internship Interest Form.
- Attach to form: Resume and cover letter describing your interests, career goals, and reasons for applying to the top three programs you selected on your intern inquiry form.
Interest Form Review Process
Due to a high volume of intern applicants, please allow two weeks for your application to be reviewed and processed.
A formal interview with the program manager will be required.